1. How do I avail senior citizen discount while booking train e-tickets?
While booking the ticket, the discount is automatically factored in based on the age of the passengers entered in the form
2. Can we make online bookings for special fare group bookings such as national players?
No, these bookings have to be made from the railway counter.
3. No, these bookings have to be made from the railway counter.
No, we can only reserve a maximum of 6 seats at a time online. For coach bookings, the passenger must go to the railway counter along with a letter stating the purpose of making a coach booking.
4. Can we cancel train tickets once chart has been prepared?
No, we can't cancel ticket once chart prepared but we file TDR and claim refund if the journey has not been undertaken. TDR process may take upto a few months.
5. Can I cancel e-ticket off-line on railway reservation counter?
Cancellation of e-tickets is only possible online.
6. I had booked tickets for two people, now I want to cancel only one. Is partial cancellation possible?
Yes, the online cancellation facility is available for both full and partial cancellation
7. Can I amend a booking in case I misspell the name on the ticket?
No, the ticket will need to be canceled and re-booked in case the name is misspelled.
8. Can I transfer a ticket in someone else’s name?
The transfer to another passenger name is possible only if any of the blood relative wants to travel in place of booked passenger. This can be done by approaching the nearest railway reservation counter with booked passenger’s e–ticket printout and valid photo ID proof and photo ID proof of the blood relation who is willing to travel in place of booked passenger. Such amendments can be made up to 24 hours before the train’s scheduled departure. However, making such a change is entirely up to the discretion of the concerned railway authority.
9. How many days in advance can I reserve my ticket?
You can reserve your ticket 90 days in advance, excluding the date of journey at the train originating station. At intermediate stations where the train arrives the following day, reservation can be done 91days in advance. In the case of some intercity day express trains, the advance reservation period is less.
10. Can I claim refund, if I had to travel in a lower class, even though I had a higher class ticket?
If you were forced to travel in a lower class for want of accommodation, you can get a refund of difference of fare between fare paid and fare for the class actually traveled. This refund should be claimed within 2 days of the date of issue of the certificate (excluding the date of issue) of the arrival of the train at your destination. To claim this refund, you will need to submit your ticket along with the certificate issued by the Traveling ticket Examiner.
11. Will I be able to get a refund if I do not wish to travel due to late running of trains?
If your train is running late by more than three hours, you can get a refund of full fare paid by you without any deductions. You can claim this refund at the journey commencing station within the maximum time limits mentioned earlier.
12. How much refund shall I get in case I cancel my ticket booked under Tatkal Scheme?
Cancellation before 24 hours than 25% will be refunded with in 24 hour refund will be ‘0’. However, in case the Railways is not able to provide the Tatkal coach, full refund including Tatkal charges, will be paid to the passengers. Full refund including Tatkal charges, is also admissible in case you do not wish to travel due to the departure of the train being delayed by over three hours.
13. How many berths can be booked under the Tatkal Quota?
We can book up to maximum of six berths for himself and his family members. If the identity card holder cancels his journey, all berths reserved by him will also be cancelled and no refund will be given on the entire ticket.
14. Can I change the Boarding Station?
Yes, you can. All you have to do is submit a written request to the station manager of the Original boarding station or contact your travel agent, at least 24 hours before the departure of the train. However, no refund is permissible for the unused portion of the journey. Such changes can be made only once.
1. At what age is someone eligible for a child airfare?
Children less than 2 years of age at the time of travel are referred to as 'infants' for the purposes of air travel. Children aged between 2 and 11 years of age at the time of travel are referred to as 'children' for the purposes of air travel. Infants do not occupy a seat and are usually charged about 10% of the adult air fare. If a seat is required, then child fare will apply. Child fare discounts vary from airline to airline.
2. Can I cancel/amend a booking?
Yes, you can cancel/amend your booking but subject to the cancellations rules as mentioned at the time of booking. Some airfares are non-refundable and non-changeable and airline charges/cancellation fees may apply. Please review the rules carefully at the time of booking.
3. How much currency can I take with me?
The amount of foreign currency you can take is limited to a maximum of US$ 10,000 per person as per the RBI guidelines.
4. When should I take travel insurance?
Getting travel insurance for international travel is highly recommended. Prior to flying out of the country / city you are strongly advised to ensure you have a valid travel insurance covered for your entire travel period. Please contact Aadya e-Travel representative to learn about the most suitable insurance plan.
5. Can I get visas through Aadya e-Travel?
Yes, Aadya e-Travel provides visa assistance for most destinations. We will assist you in completing your documentation and submitting it in the embassy. Aadya e-Travel does not provide any guarantee on issuance of visas.
6. What are coupons? How can I purchase coupons?
Coupon is a piece of printed document which allows you to pay less money than might be required to purchase a travel ticket. Coupons can be redeemed only for full fare seats. Different coupons need to be purchased for business class and for economy class. You can purchase coupons from Aadya e-Travel by providing details such as Name of travel, tentative dates of travel etc. Coupons can be valid anywhere from 3 months to 1 year.
7. Can I book LTC travel through Aadya e-Travel? What is the process for it?
Yes, we provide LTC travel. In order to book LTC travel, we need a letter on your company letterhead with travel details and your Employee identity card.
8. I missed my flight at the airport. Can I get a refund?
If you missed your flight at the airport you have to contact our Reservation Executive for the refund. We will file for a “no show” with the airline and try to get your refund processed
9. My flight was canceled due to bad weather. Will I get a full refund? What is the process for claiming that refund?
If your flight got canceled due to bad weather you will get full refund. Firstly, you need to get your air ticket at the airline counter. Then you need to send the hard copy to Aadya e-travel executive for further process.
10. Is there a discount for senior citizens in air tickets?
Yes there are discounts upto 60% for senior citizens in air tickets. Discount vary across airlines. In order to avail the discount, the ticket needs to be booked directly at the airline counter.
11. Can I purchase an open ticket through Aadya e-Travel? If so, what is the process?
Yes, you can buy open ticket through Aadya e-Travel subject to availability of open ticket on the required segments.
12. My name has been misspelled on the ticket? What should I do?
If there is a minor misspelling, you can contact us and we can put a remark in your reservation. Based on it, you may be allowed to board your flight based on your photo ID proof. However, in some cases you may be denied entry and in order to avoid any risk, we recommend that you cancel and rebook your tickets with the correct name.
13. I need to cancel my air ticket after office hours? How can I do it?
You can contact us on our mobile numbers or you can call the airline directly and cancel your ticket. Then send us an email with your ticket details so that we can claim your refund.
14. I canceled/rescheduled my tickets directly at the airline counter. How can I claim the refund since Aadya e-Travel has made the booking?
If you cancel your travel ticket at the airport counter, you have to send us the airline stamped hard copy and then we will process the refund. If you reschedule the ticket, you need to pay the charges at the airline counter itself.
15. Can Aadya e-Travel make group bookings? If yes, what is the process?
Yes, Aadya e-Travel makes group bookings. In this case, you need to provide the complete information like full name of all passengers as per the passport along with the age of the children (if any) and others mandatory information.
1. Can I book /cancel a hotel room through Aadya e-Travel by just sending an email?
Yes. If you are an existing client and have provided all the booking details clearly in the email then the hotel room will be booked by us. In case you are not an existing client, you will receive a call from our representative to cross check your details and confirm the payment process and other details, as required.
2. Can I pay to the hotel directly?
Yes, you can in most cases. However, sometimes Aadya e-Travel gets rooms at special rates from other vendors/consolidators in which case payment will need to be made to Aadya e-Travel only.
3. How many children can I accommodate in a room?
Usually one child can be fit in any room without any issue. For more than one child, you must inform us upfront and check and whether the room allows for it. Usually 2 kids below 5 years can be accommodated in a room without any charges. However, if you request an extra cot, then charges will be additional.
4. Can I get an extra bed in the room for my children and what would be the extra charges for that?
Charges for the extra bed can be between 30%-40% of the room tariff. In some hotels the tariff for children is lower than that of adults for the same extra bed. In rare cases, extra bed may be made complimentary for a child.
5. What would be the charges if I cancel my hotel booking and how much time will take to get refund?
Cancellation charges depend on hotel cancellation policy. Aadya e-Travel representative will inform you about the cancellation policy before processing your booking. Your refund will be processed accordingly.
6. How can I modify my hotel booking?
Modifying your hotel booking depends on the policies of the hotel that has been booked, but you can simply send an email to Aadya e-travel mentioning the modifications you may need.
7. Do I need to make some payment in advance?
Usually hotels require some advance payment to book your room. In peak season, they may ask for 100% payment in advance. In some cases, Aadya e-Travel may be able to hold a room free of cost for you for a short time period.
8. Can I make the payment of hotel booking with two different credit cards?
Yes, you can pay your total bill by two separate credit cards. Aadya e-Travel representative can explain you the procedure of making the payment using two credit cards. Also, you may contact hotel authorities for the same in case you decide to pay directly to the hotel.
9. How many days in advance can I make the hotel booking?
You can book usually the hotel five to six months in advance. Sometimes, hotel rates are not available for some future dates, in which case you may not be able to book your room in advance.
10. If I stay for few hours in the hotel room will I be charged for the whole day?
Each hotel has a different policy on a few hours stay. Aadya e-Travel tries to negotiate early check in and late checkout for its guests. However, beyond a few hours, you will be charged extra. Aadya e-Travel can let you know on case to case basis at the time of hotel booking.
11. If I missed my stay in the hotel room will I get the refund?
This usually depends on the cancellation/no-show policy of the booking. There are some special tariffs which are fully non-refundable. In usual cases, if you have booked the hotel for a single night and somehow you missed visiting the hotel on the decided date, you will not be entertained with any refund. But if you have booked the room for more than one night but couldn’t check in the hotel on the first day of your stay, you may get your refund minus one night stay, provided you inform the hotel or Aadya e-travel in advance.
12. What are the meal plans available in hotels?
CP (Continental Plan): Breakfast only MAP (Modified American Plan): This usually includes Breakfast and Dinner (Half board). In some hotels it can mean Breakfast and 1 major meal (lunch/dinner) AP (American Plan): Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Full board: In addition to 3 meals, there might be other inclusions like evening tea, snacks etc. We suggest you to check the meal plans of a hotel with Aadya e Travel representative before proceeding for booking as some hotels do not provide meal facility or do not have kitchen or restaurants for their guests.
13. Can I get early check -in and late check- out in hotel?
Aadya e-Travel can place a request on behalf of the guest. However, check-in/check-out is subject to room availability at that time.
14. Will my driver be allowed to stay in the hotel free of cost?
It depends on hotel facilities. Usually 3 star and above hotels have basic accommodation and meals for drivers. These may be complimentary or there may be nominal charges. You may check with us or the hotel before the booking.